- You will be rid of the Indignity engendered by poor oral English and acquire relevant skills
to function efficiently in an English-only work environment.
- You will read a variety of general and semi-specialised texts, without major difficulties.
- Follow different types of oral communication, such as discussions, presentations, conferences
- Self-correct grammatical mistakes in spoken English.
- The programme is specially designed for individuals who need English in their professional
life as well as those who hope to use English as an important tool or catalyst for their career.
- Overview of problem areas in Nigerian English
- The grammatical classes in English
- Nouns & pronouns
- Adverbs & adjectives
- Preposition, conjunction, exclamation & interjections
- Vocabulary building & development
- Revision of grammatical classes in English: punctuation
- Phrases & clauses, concord
- Word relations
- The sentence, concord
Duration: 12 weeks, Saturdays only
Date: Feb 8th – April 25th, Sep 12th- Nov 28th