In the past, knowledge of a limited area—production and inventory control for example—was sufficient to ensure career success in manufacturing. That’s not true anymore. Today, the successful manufacturing manager has to understand the overall picture—manufacturing systems, master planning, purchasing, TQM, and much more. This program provides you with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company’s global operations. This program complies with the Supply Chain Council principles.
This program enables the participant to:
- Understand basic business-wide concepts, including understanding various supply chain environments
- Manage demand, including markets and customer expectations
- Design products, processes, and information systems
- Understand supply issues including inventory costs, functions, and metrics
What to expect:
- Importance of Strategic Planning
- Demand Management
- Master Planning
- Material Requirements Planning
- Capacity Management and Production Activity Control
- Aggregate Inventory Management
- Item Inventory Management
- Purchasing and Physical Distribution
- Lean and Quality Systems
Who Should Attend?
- You should take this course if you want to advance in production planning, purchasing, or operations management positions or if you are new to the field of manufacturing or materials management.
- This program is targeting Supply Chain Associate attendees with 0 to 3 years of experience in this field.